It’s beginning to look a lot like the Holiday Season! Find yourself wrapped warm-and-snug in some Winter-Wonderful holiday cheer at Phipps.
The much-beloved Winter Flower Show at Phipps is still happening in-person this year. Though this year all tickets must be purchased in advance online (until November 20 tickets are available for pre-order).
This year’s show is called “Home for the Holidays” and features “a canopy of twinkling lights, fragrant decorated trees and thousands of poinsettias in a wide variety of hues and patterns”.
- “Poinsettia trees” made up of 50 poinsettias
- Living room furniture brought to life with plant materials
- A cozy cabin amidst a “snowy” forest with “snow” falling overhead
- Topiary bears, foxes, groundhogs
- Special varieties of winter plants like ‘Christmas Mouse’ and ‘Diamond Snow’
Like all things this year safety comes first so crowd size is limited and the path through the show will be streamlined. The outdoor Winter Light Garden is *not* happening this year. But the indoor display will include some of its colorful orbs and cones.
Don’t let 2020 leaf you feeling green. Cultivate some warm-and-fuzzy, berry good 2020 memories at Phipps. Tree-t yo’self.This content was provided by a local, independent contributor to Made in PGH, a lifestyle blog.