Jumpstart your holiday shopping or treat yourself Sunday, October 7th at the Made + Found Fall Market. This free (yes, we said free!) event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ace Hotel Pittsburgh, in The Gym. The Made + Found Market, created by Jessica Clowney of Anemoia Vintage, aims to connect locals to high-quality regional handmade and vintage vendors. Coffee, cocktails and, of course, brunch will be available for purchase as well.
This event marks the tenth overall Made + Found Market and the third one to be held in the fall. Clowney was reached out to by a friend at the Ace Hotel a couple of years ago to organize a holiday pop-up. From this request, the Made + Found Market was born! It is now a quarterly event.
“There aren’t too many places in Pittsburgh to buy or sell the kind of stuff we [Made + Found Market] offer. Many younger vendors don’t have the capital to open a physical shop,” Clowney said. “There are so many people doing incredible creative, focused work in our region! It’s important to connect creative vendors with the public and each other.”
Nine new vendors will be added for the upcoming Made + Found Fall Market. Each brings a focused perspective and unique goods to The Gym floor. Check them out!
- Appalachia Blues, vintage and handmade mojo hat maker
- The Black Bramble, handcrafted body adornment
- Gina Favano, a multi-disciplinary artist specializing in hex signs and embroidery
- House of Tame, reworked unisex vintage denim
- The Media Luna, collage art and zines
- mọnamọna, sustainably handmade accessories
- Pink Tulle Vintage, glamorous women’s vintage clothing
- Shop Journal, vintage and reworked vintage clothing with a modern flare
- Tulip Drive Vintage, curated vintage clothing & antiques
There will be familiar faces as well. Returning vendors include:
- Bombabird, small-batch ceramics
- Cool Breeze Trading Co., vintage denim and clothing
- Collarbone, handmade fashion jewelry
- Horsethief Silver, handcrafted American Southwestern-inspired jewelry
- Imani Jahaan Vintage, standout vintage clothing
- Kula Vintage, eclectic vintage and re-worked clothing
- Laverne Kemp, woven handmade goods
- Oatmeal, ceramic wearables and objects
- The Printer’s Cabinet, antiques and oddities
- SASHA, handcrafted textile accessories
- Stylevation Army, vintage t-shirts and clothing
- Workshop Pgh, a DIY school selling handmade goods
- YEAHYELHSA, illustrated goods
More vendors are set to be added to the line-up. Check the Made + Found Fall Market Facebook Event for updates!This content was provided by a local, independent contributor to Made in PGH, a lifestyle blog.