Made in PGH is hiring Pittsburgh-based freelance writers to contribute articles on what’s new, interesting, and exciting in Pittsburgh.
About us: Made in PGH is your guide to rediscovering the Steel City. We provide an in-depth look at what to do, where to go, and what’s new in Pittsburgh.
About you: You’re well-connected within Pittsburgh’s food scene and creative community. You’re the first person to know when a new coffee shop or craft brewery is opening. And you’re friends just don’t get how you can be at every event. That, plus you have relevant experience creating engaging and informative content for the web.
About this role: You’ll work closely with our in-house editorial team to create 2-4 articles each month.
- Write, edit, and proofread articles to create shareable and engaging content
- Assist the editorial team in generating new content topics
- Craft highly shareable and attention grabbing headlines
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Must be based in Pittsburgh
- Know the city inside and out
- Strong writing skills, including editorial or communications background
- Proficient in Google Docs
How to Apply:
Please complete the form below. Be sure to include relevant links to your portfolio, sample articles, Instagram, Twitter, and/or Linkedin accounts (more = better).
Do: Show us that you’re in the know about what’s cool in Pittsburgh.
Do not: Rely on your credentials, resume, or a long winded cover letter to win us over. If you’re truly the right person for this role, you’ll know how to get our attention.
Please apply with the form below